A wired Connection is the best way to ensure a better connection between your PlayStation 4 console and your WiFi router. It improves the overall performance of your internet speed and you see less ping while playing the games. However, PS4 allows you to set up an internet connection via WiFi and Ethernet cable. In this guide, I will tell you how to connect your PS4 with a Wired (LAN) cable and set up the internet connection.
How to Connect PS4 with a Wired (LAN) Cable & Setup Internet Connection?
First of all, you need an Ethernet (LAN) cable, and make sure the length of the cable is enough to connect your PS4 console and router. Now turn your PS4 device and locate the LAN port. You can find it beside the HDMI port.
Follow the below steps to set up internet connection on PS4 using Ethernet.
- Connect one end of the cable to the LAN port of your PS4 and another end to your Router.
- Now power on both devices and make sure the cable is connected properly.
- Go to the PS4 Home screen, and select Settings.
- There select the Network option and then choose the Set Up Internet Connection.
- Now you will see two options – Use WiFi and Use a LAN cable.
- Since we want to set up the connecting using ethernet, select the Use a LAN cable option.
- Then choose the Easy option as it automatically setup the internet connection on your PS4.
- The system will start checking the network environment and it may take a few seconds.
- Once the connection is ready, you will see a message on your screen “Internet settings updated.”
- If you want to check the internet status, select the Test Internet Speed option from that page.
That’s all guys!! Now you have successfully connected your PS4 with a Wired (LAN) cable and set up the internet connection. Ethernet cable will improve the internet speed and you’ll be able to load your game faster. Keep following TechSimer for more PS4 guides and news.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings