Fortnite is one of the best battle royale games that allows you to play with your friends. You can invite your friends to play together as Duo or Squad. Additionally, you can also get invites from your friends to join their squad. But sometimes, you will think about appearing offline and playing alone.
Sending game invites to our special friends is the nature of every player. When you start the game, you can see the list of friends who are online at the time. If you want to play with them, you can send them invites. The same applies to you, if you are online you can also get invites. But if you are planning to play alone or with your special one, you need to appear offline in Fortnite by changing the Party Privacy Settings.
How to Appear Offline & Away in Fortnite
If you want to appear offline in Fortnite, then you’ll have to change the Online to Away in the Online Status. Additionally, change the Party Privacy to Private and turn off the Notify Friends option. Once you disable this, your friends will not be notified even if are online.
Follow the below steps to hide your online status in Fortnite on your desired platform.
On PC (Epic Launcher):
- First, Launch the Fornite game via Epic Launcher.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Tap your Profile Picture or the gear icon.
- There you can see the Online Status set to Online.
- Click on that and select the “Away” option.
- Now change the Party Privacy to “Private“.
- Also, Turn off the “notify friends”.
For PS4 Users:
- Open the Fortnite game and press the “X” button on your controller.
- This will open the game options.
- Highlight the settings (gear) icon beside your profile picture and press the “Triangle” button.
- Now press the “X” button on the Online status and select “away”.
- Make sure to change the Party Privacy to “Private” and turn off the “notify friends”.
For Xbox Users:
- Launch the Fortnite game and press the “options” button on your controller.
- Highlight the gear icon beside your profile picture and press the “A” button.
- Select the Away option in the Online status and press the “A” button.
- Then change the Party Privacy to “Private” and turn off the “notify friends”.
These are some easy steps to appear offline in the Fortnite game. Now your friends wouldn’t be able to see your online status and also they can’t add you to their watch party. I hope you like this article and if you have any queries regarding Fortnite, do let us know via below comment section.